Thursday, January 8, 2015

Back to Al Farabi

The next morning I went in to try to see what the hold up was on the transfer.  Of course, I knew it was the 30,000 SAR, but I thought it was worth it to play dumb.

I went in and found my bald friend, who this time didn't reprimand me on my poor Arabic, but instead chided me for my long absence.  I told him I was waiting for my transfer.  He told me they were waiting for the money.  I asked him what the money was for, since I had already paid him the 5,650 SAR, supposedly to transfer me in the first place.  He shrugged and said I would need to talk to Dr. Salah.  I spoke to Dr. Salah, who said I would need to talk to Dr. Salem since it was out of his hands.

Dr. Salem was not in, so I asked the bald guy to make an appointment for me with Dr. Salem for the next day.  He told me to come around 10am and I would find him there.  I came at around 10am and waited 3 hours.  He never showed up.  I told the bald guy to call me when Dr. Salem arrived the next day, and I would come in 30 minutes by taxi to talk to him, but I didn't want to waste another day of waiting around for someone who wouldn't show up.

The bald guy never called me the next day.  I called him around 1pm and he told me that Dr. Salem hadn't arrived.  I told him to please schedule an appointment for me and I would come, but he had to be sure Dr. Salem would be there.   He said he would.

In the meantime, I sent Dr. Salem and email and a text message, asking him to clarify why they wanted me to pay this money, pointing out what I had already paid.  He never responded.

I called again the next day, no Dr. Salem.  I called again the following day, and he was in, but couldn't wait the 30 minutes it would take me to get there by taxi.

I gave up.  For me, there was really no incentive to push the matter since I was happily working away at SAGIA.  If they didn't mind leaving things hanging, then I certainly didn't mind, either.

1 comment:

  1. This is called Saudi, if you ask them for your rightful right they think you are grabbing out something out of their bum. The same treatment you will get everywhere in Saudi.

    ReplyDelete